What is STEP?
- STEP (Short-term Exchange Program) offers a unique opportunity for international
students to experience one-year (or half-year) study program in Organization for the Advancement of Education and Global Learning (EAGL)
at Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology (under the exchange agreement
of TUAT and its sister universities).
- JASSO (Japan Student Services Organization) supports the students who intend
to participate in this program by offering JASSO Scholarships.
- By hosting STEP, of Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology is
assisting prospective international applicants from application preparation
to arrival in Japan.
STEP "Short-term Exchange Program in Science and Engineering"
- Short-term Exchange Program in Science and Engineering (STEP) is a one-year (or half-year) study program hosted by Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology. Starting in September every year running until August (or March) following year, the STEP program accepting international applications from TUAT’s overseas sister’s universities.
- Every year, about 20 international students from Europe, North America, South America, Africa and Asian countries are participating in this program. Successful applicants are expected to experience research activities in laboratories, Japanese language and cultural studies, one’s major related course works and general studies in Science and Engineering.
- The purpose of STEP program is to provide opportunities for international students to pursue research activities on latest industries and technologies in Japan; and expecting them to contribute in the development works through collaborative research activities.
- The program also aims to promote the globalization of TUAT by fostering the relationship between Japanese students and international students; which gives the better understanding opportunity of Japan to the global community.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a regular program either Undergraduate (3rd or 4th Year), Master or Doctoral program at an overseas institution which has an academic exchange agreement with Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology.
- Undergraduate students currently enrolled in 3rd or 4th year of their regular
study (in home institute) are only allowed to apply
- Proficiency in English (nonnative applicants need to present an English
proficiency certificate such as IELTS, TOEFL or equivalent). Proficiency
in Japanese language is NOT mandatory.
- Applicants with physically and mentally healthy.
- Prospective applicants for STEP program may apply for JASSO scholarship (an amount of 80,000 Japanese Yen/Month).