The workshop on recent advances in computer vision and pattern recognition (RACVPR2013) is organized to give researchers an opportunity of discussion based on the results that are too late to be submitted to ACPR2013. This workshop is held with spotlight and poster presentation in half a day. Let's share recent advances between us and lively discuss future research directions for computer vision and pattern recognition.
The main topics of interest may include, but are not limited to:
- Computer Vision and Robot Vision
- Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning
- Signal Processing (signal, speech, image)
- Media Processing and Interaction (video, document, medical applications, biometrics, HCI, VR)
10:05-12:00 interactive presentation & closing@Foyar
- [W2PS.01] Jun Cheng, Zhenjiang Miao, ''Improving Sampling Criterion for Alpha Matting''
- [W2PS.02] Yosuke NONAKA, Atsushi SHIMADA, Hajime NAGAHARA, Rin-ichiro TANIGUCHI, ''Real-Time Foreground Segmentation from Moving Camera based on Case-based Trajectory Classification''
- [W2PS.03] Mohammed Javed, P. Nagabhushan, B.B. Chaudhuri, ''Extraction of Projection Profile, Run-Histogram and Entropy Features Straight from Run-Length Compressed Text-Documents''
- [W2PS.04] Hanchao Jia, Shigang Li, ''Estimating the Structure of Rooms from a Single Fisheye Image''
- [W2PS.05] Kouta Tanaka, Seiji Hotta, ''Local Subspace Classifier with Gabor Filter Decomposition for Image Classification''
- [W2PS.06] Cheng Li ,Zhenjiang Miao, ''A Method for Exaggerative Caricature Generation from Real Face Image''
- [W2PS.07] Dun Tan, Jinfeng Yang, Yihua Shi, Chenghua Xu, ''A Hierarchal Framework for Finger-vein Image Classification''
- [W2PS.08] Hiroyuki Ogihara, Yusuke Fujita, Norio Iizuka, Masaaki Oka, Yoshihiko Hamamoto, ''Classification Based on Boolean Algebra and Its Application to the Prediction of Recurrence of Liver Cancer''
- [W2PS.09] Yi Yao, Chang-Tsun Li, ''Hand Gesture Segmentation in Uncontrolled Environments with Partition Matrix and a Spotting Scheme based on Hidden Conditional Random Fields''
- [W2PS.10] Ling Ma, Wei Liu,Yumin Liu,, Huiqin Jiang, ''An Automatic Detection Algorithm for Surface Defects in TFT-LCD''
- [W2PS.11] Sarah Ali, Trung-Thien Tran, Van-Toan Cao, Denis Laurendeau, ''An approach for local comparison of deformable 3D models''
- [W2PS.12] Daisuke MAEDA, Masakazu MORIMOTO, ''An Object Recognition Method using RGB-D Sensor''
- [W2PS.13] Qian Chen, Kohei Matsumoto, Haiyuan Wu, ''An iris outline tracker: for various eye shapes in a single video camera without infrared illumination''
- [W2PS.14] Edgar Roman-Rangel, Stephane Marchand-Maillet, ''Bag-of-Visual-Phrases via Local Contexts''
- [W2PS.15] Dzulfahmi, Naoya Ohta, ''Performance Evaluation of Image Feature Detectors and Descriptors for Outdoor-scene Visual Navigation''
- [W2PS.16] Naoki Chiba, ''Text image classifier using image-wise annotation''
- [W2PS.17] Yingmei Piao, Mineichi Kudo, ''How Do Facial Expressions Contribute to Age Prediction ?''
- [W2PS.18] Dae-Ki Kang, ''Effective Sentiment Analysis based on Term Evaluation by Bayesian Model Selection Criteria''
- [W2PS.19] Yasutoshi Ida, Takuma Nakamura, Takashi Matsumoto, ''Label-Related/Unrelated Topic Switching Model: A Partially Labeled Topic Model Handling Infinite Label-unrelated Topics''
- [W2PS.20] Marcin Piekarczyk, Marek R. Ogiela, ''Matrix-based hierarchical graph matching in off-line handwritten signatures recognition''
- [W2PS.21] Songtao Pu, Jing Kong, Xianghua Ying, Hongbin Zha, ''Automatic Object Cosegmentation in Sparse Multiview Images''
- [W2PS.22] Fumiharu Tomiyasu, Takatsugu Hirayama,, Kenji Mase, ''Wide-range Feature Point Tracking with Corresponding Point Search and Accurate Feature Point Tracking with Mean-Shift''
- [W2PS.23] Yuta Kanuki, Naoya Ohta, Ayumu Nagai, ''Automatic Compensation of Radial Distortion by Minimizing Entropy of Histogram of Oriented Gradients''
- [W2PS.24] Abhijit Das, Umapada Pal, Michael Blumenstein, Miguel Ferrer, ''Sclera Recognition - A Survey''
- [W2PS.25] Yueyang Wang, Xiaoli Hao, Yali Hou, Changqing Guo, ''A New Multispectral Method for Face Liveness Detection''
- [W2PS.26] Remi Boutteau, Xavier Savatier, Jean-Yves Ertaud, ''A dynamic programming algorithm applied to omnidirectional vision for dense 3D reconstruction''
- [W2PS.27] Zhenzhong Kuang,Zongmin LI,Lv Qian, ''Globalbiharmonic framework for Robust Non-rigid Model Retrieval''
- [W2PS.28] Ahmed M. Anter, Aboul Ella Hassanien, Gerald Schaefer, ''Automatic Segmentation and Classification of Liver Abnormalities using Fractal Dimension''
- [W2PS.29] Hossam Moftah, Mohammad Ibrahim, Aboul Ella Hassanien, Gerald Schaefer, ''Mammary Gland Tumor Detection in Cats using Ant Colony Optimisation''
- [W2PS.30] Shota Ishikawa, Joo Kooi Tan, Hyoungseop Kim, Seiji Ishikawa, ''3-D Recovery of a Non-rigid Object from a Single Camera View Employing Multiple Coordinates Representation''
- [W2PS.31] Gerald Schaefer, Niraj P. Doshi, Bartosz Krawczyk, ''HEp-2 Cell Classification using Multi-Dimensional Local Binary Patterns and Ensemble Classification ''
Paper submission: July 15th Notification: August 10th Final paper submission: August 31st
- Spotlight presentation slide submission: October 30th
[a] Spotlight presentation
(1) Format and time
Use this template to prepare your spotlight slide. Do not use any special fonts to avoid the trouble. We will use a computer with windows 7 and powerpoint 2010 for presentation. There is no page limit but consider carefully that you only have one minute. If you are not able to complete your presentation, the remaining part will be skipped.
Please send it to Seiji Hotta (s-hotta[at]cc.tuat.ac.jp).
We would like to ask you to send it by October 30.
[b] Poster presentation
(1) Poster board
The board size is 90cm width X 210cm height. Four pins are available for putting your poster onto the board. Table and outlet are not available at the poster room (Foyar).
We request one of the authors to be at the poster during the session. Your poster should be put up on the day you have presentation and should be removed after the session.
The papers for RACVPR will be published in IEEE Xplore. Hence, use the above kit for camera-ready papers.
Even if you will attend a workshop/tutorial only, you need to register to the main conference.
At a registration phase, please fill in the form of ``Paper No. (Required-Category "Speaker")'' as RACVPR_**, where ** is your paper number for RACVPR.
At least one speaker from each paper MUST register for the conference by August 31st, otherwise the paper will not be included in the proceedings.
- Seiji Hotta (Tokyo Univ. of Agriculture and Technology)
- Koichi Kise (Osaka Prefecture Univ.)
- Cheng-Lin Liu (Chinese Academy of Sciences)
- Yi-Ping Hung (National Taiwan Univ.)