Nakagawa Laboratory ScholarshipRequirements for foreign students applying in 2016
Deadline of the application will be on November 30, 2015.
Interview will be in December, 2015.
- Have the minimum Japanese language skill or motivation to learn Japanese to live, study and make research in Japan.
- Have a good record in university education. Applicants are required to have achieved GPAs of over 2.0 in the past two years and over 2.5 in the most recent one year. Refer to the scale table and the formula on the GPA Scale.xlsx file to calculate your GPA.
- Number of Scholarships Available
- Amount and Duration of Scholarship
- How to Apply
- Please contact to professor Nakagawa Masaki via e-mail.
- Please attach to your mail the documents listed below. a) Your resume.
- Your personal information provided by you for the purpose of applying for our scholarship will be not used for any other purposes than for the scholarship selection process.
- We will announce the results of the selection to you via e-mail as soon as possible.
This scholarship is open to foreign students who will come to Japan around Sepember 2016 and spend 6 months as a research student for preparing language and IT skills and enter M.Sc. or Ph.D. course at Nakagawa Laboratory in Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology from April 2017.
Another case is for M.Sc. students of our sister universities who come to TUAT for a year as special exchange students during their M.Sc. course and enter Ph.D. at TUAT after finishing M.Sc.
It is provided to students who are interested in handwriting recognition, machine learning, pen-based/touch-based interfaces and their applications, especially educational applications and histrical document processing. Our research topics are detailed in About Lab page.
You can visit our Web page to see our recent publications: http://web.tuat.ac.jp/~nakagawa/en/index.html
To be considered for the scholarship, the student must satisfy ALL of the requirement criteria below.
1 or 2 students
¥100,000 per month for 2.5 years (Master Course), 3.5 years (Doctor Course) or 5.5 years (Master and Doctor course) and tuition fee.
Notes: You can apply for a better scholarship. If it is successful, the amount from the research budget may be reduced since very often dual income restrictions are applied to scholarship applications and the lab's budget is limited. In any case, however, we support your expense at least by this amount.
b) Academic transcript: Please provide the transcript i) from the university where you graduated or you are going to graduate AND ii) any other courses that you are currently taking or have taken in the past.
c) Research plan: In Japanese or English, describe focusing around following four points; i) an outline of your research; ii) projected schedule between now and graduation; iii) plans and goals for the future; iv) research you have conducted in the past (if any). There is no limit on the number of pages or style.